Saturday, July 5, 2014

As the Days Pass By

Today started off great with a cohort trip to Rockefeller Center for breakfast. Having just been there yesterday morning, it was not as cool as before, but it was definitely nice to see the plaza without a huge crowd. Breakfast was also really good! we ate in a nice restaurant with all organic food. It seemed like it belonged in California! Afterward, we walked over to the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) to take a look at the exhibits. Once again, being a Columbia student paid and all the students got in for free. The first exhibit we went to was paintings and sculptures from 1880-1940. It was so cool! I got to see works of art by Pablo Picasso, Vincent Van Gogh, and Salvador Dali. My favorite was "The Persistence of Memory" by Salvador Dali. After checking out the exhibits on the top floors, we all headed to the sculpture garden outside to enjoy the weather. 

Afterward, our grumbling stomachs brought us to lunch in the center of Rockefeller Plaza. It was a very secluded spot and almost felt like a resort in the tropics rather than in the heart of New York. Afterward, the entire cohort got together and I realized just how different we all are. We are all very outspoken too, so that made for an interesting conversation.

When I returned back to campus, I had some free time in the evening and I used it to catch up on sleep as well as get some writing assignments done. I am curious for what tomorrow will bring and how my last week for Columbia's High School Program will unfold. I hope I will be able to go on the RA trips I have seen advertisements for lately.

1 comment:

  1. It is amazing how many different mini-environments NYC has to offer. Our lunch seemed like we were at a resort, 5th Ave bustling shoppers, the quiet of contemplation of the MoMA--later in a walk through Central Park there was free tango dancing! This is what makes NYC so fun!

    ReplyDelete