Friday, July 11, 2014

The End is Near


Today was once again, filled with happy and sad moments. 

My day started off quite early; I got up at 6:45 AM to meet Lisa and her roomie to get some Cronuts. For those of you living under a rock, a Cronut is a croissant donut. Since these special little donuts have gotten so much hype, we decided we should try them ourselves. We arrived at the bakery at 7:30 AM, and waited. The shop opened at 8:00 AM, but already the line was wrapped around the block. Unfortunately our group was pretty far back. The employees kept reiterating to us that it was no guarantee that there would be enough for everyone in line. To cut the story short, we waited until 9:10 AM, got out of the Cronut line into some other express other-pastry-besides-cronuts line, and ended up having to leave that line because the pricing for the other pastries was ridiculous! We rushed back to the school and made it on time. I got to my class at a timely 9:59 AM. 


Class was as usual. There was no really special thing planned because of the last day, which I actually kind of liked. It made the goodbye just a little less sappy. Near the end of class, my professor had a brief goodbye speech. He talked about how important it was to be ethical in the future; Whether it is turning down an offer to do illegal activity or acting to our beliefs, he said that we should all like the face that stares back in the mirror. I think this was an especially important speech to give a bunch of young potential business students. Nowadays, there is so much talk of corruption and bad deals, so keeping us in check and making us realize what is important in life was a message that definitely was not lost to me. 

My discussion class was one of the harder sessions we have had in a while! We had a debate that basically served as a final. It did not go too well, but at least everyone got together and took an awesome group photo!

After class, Michelle, my dormmate, and I headed to SoHo to browse around. This was one of the last things I wanted to do in New York, so I was glad we got to it! We stopped by the cronut bakery (called Dominique Ansel Bakery), where Michelle picked up a lovely looking dessert. I stopped by Georgetown Cupcakes and got a delicious "lava fudge" cupcake. I definitely got my sugar fix!
Dominique Ansel Pastries

We headed back to school just in time for the last dance. I didn't realize it would be such a fancy affair! I was walking through campus and I saw everyone in heels, dresses, and button-up shirts! Good thing the ILC scheduled all those fancy dinners, or else I probably would not have packed appropriate clothes! The dance was pretty fun, and when I thought I would only stay for 20 minutes, I ended up staying for an hour! Let me just say, Lisa Romero has the best dance moves--ever. If only everyone in that room had moves like Lisa's!
Look at all my progress I made packing!
For now, I need to rest up for the trek back home. Until tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't help but notice the way you are the center of attention in that photo from your class. And, DANG, but don't those sweets look good.

    ReplyDelete