Sunday, July 6, 2014

Girls Night In!

Sona, Me, Sarena, Alyssa
I had such a great time this afternoon! My other friends also had hw and projects that we needed to work on. I got in some research on my topic of affirmative action, however I'm not sure whether or not I'm going to deem it unconstitutional or not. I'm glad the others were there so I could ask for their opinions on this issue to help me develop my own. On another note, we all met up and eventually got dinner together, but it wasn't a typical dinner. We had starbucks, sushi, and pizza. Not to mention the pizza slices were huge, with pineapple, and of course my favorite, tabasco sauce. 
I got a chance to talk to them more about what their lives are like at high school and which classes they are taking. Some of them are involved in the New York Experience class which does tours around New York City and explains the different cultures of different areas. Others are taking biomedical engineering which I thought was interesting. They also talked to me about what career they want to pursue and which colleges they want to go to. The course that they are taking are definitely varied from what I'm involved in, which is why I think I didn't encounter them earlier on in this experience.
We also watched movies and Bridesmaids came on which I thought was a funny way of portraying issues that women go through with friends and the men in their lives. It was shocking how the main character's life goes from bad to worse in such a short period time but also very amusing for us as viewers. Sarena suggested we watch a Gladiator movie which is shown in the picture above, we couldn't stop laughing though because we could not take this movie seriously at all. I'm happy with the way things turned out, and I'm hoping to join a sorority when I go to college so I can find a group of chill people to just...chill with! Anyways, I'm looking forward to start writing more reflective blogs in this upcoming week because it is my final week of class here and I want to write about what this experience has meant to me. Toodles :)

1 comment:

  1. I often think people learn the most from getting to know others! I'm so glad to hear you had this time to bond with the other girls and work on your paper. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete