Saturday, July 5, 2014

Art for the Sophisticated

The beginning of today was quite fun! We started out with a lovely breakfast at a small place near 30 Rockefeller Plaza. The food was great! They boasted being all organic and locally grown, so I felt just at home (Berkeley, a city where I was born, is very much like this). 
We strolled over to see the Rockefeller Plaza building on our way to the Museum of Modern Art. The area around the building was what I was most impressed with! Cool sculptures and plants filled the surrounding area, along with a cute cafe that we later ate lunch at. We got to the Museum, and just from the gorgeous lobby, I was excited already! I really enjoyed the art because it was more varied-- unlike the MET, they had more pieces of art that were abstract. I especially enjoyed the Jackson Pollock exhibit. His work just looks so cool to me!
Another exhibit that really stood out was one that recreated the birth process. For this one, everyone had to take off their shoes to go through it. There were three areas in this tent like exhibit. I want to describe each part, but I also don't want to spoil it for anyone who will soon experience this, so I will just say that exhibit was definitely one of the cooler ones in the museum!

We headed back to 30 Rockefeller Plaza to eat lunch at the snazzy cafe we passed earlier. I was so thankful we got a shady spot! Today was not one of the hottest days, but under the beating sun, I felt like I was frying! After lunch we headed back to the dorms. I didn't do much besides refresh my memory of the reading for my report, and working on my report. Today has been a fun adventure, I wonder what tomorrow holds! 

No comments:

Post a Comment