Tuesday, July 8, 2014

The Final Countdown

It's getting closer and closer to the end of my session at Columbia. Today in class, we were assigned our final project. I'm proud to say that I've been doing well on all of the assignments we've been assigned so far, so I'm pretty confident about the upcoming one. The fact that this actually is the final assignment is scaring me because that means that I'm coming closer to departure day. It probably sounds a bit cliche to say, but I'm really going to miss all the people I've become close with throughout the trip. I'm working on getting everybody's contact information and trying to find ways that we can stay close without seeing each other everyday. I know it'll be hard, but when there's a will, there's a way.

On another note, college applications are coming up soon and the CommonApp was recently released. I knew I'd be applying to colleges some day, but I never knew this day would be so close. With the new information I've gotten about the different schools on the east coast, I'm taking a lot more consideration for the characteristics of each of the colleges I'm going to apply to. The college process has become so real. At first it applying to college seemed elusive--I knew it was there, but I just couldn't really picture it completely. Now, entering my senior year, I'm starting to really think about my future and I'm beginning to think more about standardized tests, personal statements, and letters of recommendation. It's crazy to think that after three years of hard work, I'm approaching the last step of my high school career, but I know I'll make it through

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you college app will be stronger now that you have had so much practice writing!

    ReplyDelete