Sunday, July 13, 2014

Home Sweet Home

This trip is finally over and now I'm back in my home state,  California. After a long plane ride home, I get to reunite with my family. My mom greated me with open arms at the airport terminal and told me how much she missed me. She drove me back home and my grandma, my brother, and my dad were waiting there for me. I think my grandma missed me the most because she likes to mess around with me and on the trip, she didn't have anyone to joke around with or drive around with. I must say that I did miss my family, but they missed me a lot more than I missed them. Even though they saved money on their water, electric, and grocery bills without me there, they still wanted me back at home. 

I handed out the souvenirs and everyone was grateful and appreciative for what I got them. My mom had made her famous 7-up pound cake and saved a piece for me! It was the first time I ate something home-cooked in a month. After I said my hellos to my family, I started unpacking my luggage. 

After I got a little settled in,  I called all of my friends from school and told them about the trip and how much they missed out on. They all really miss me and I can't wait to see them soon. 

This experience has been indescribably great. I couldn't have asked for more out of my summer. When I get back to school, I'm definitely going to get more Middle College students to apply because this is such a wonderful experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment