Thursday, July 3, 2014

Beginnings of a Long Weekend

Today was the last class of the week! This week really went by like a breeze. Thinking about the little time I have left here makes me sad. The people I've met and the experiences I've had will soon be a memory (a happy one though).

To kick off the long weekend, I got assignments from both my professor and my TA. My professor usually assigns very open ended essays. For this one, we get to choose anything that we want (an event, a product, etc), and write about the economic impact that it has made. My TA assigned a book report on one of the three books we were assigned to read for the class. Since it has been a while since I've read that book, I decided to reread it and freshen my memory.

During lunch, I read some of my book, but I also decided to take a quick nap since I was especially tired today. On my way to class, I saw this kid from behind who looked a lot like Andrew Kyong (a student in the Penn cohort). When I got a closer look when he turned around, it turned out to actually be Andrew Kyong. At first I was very frazzled because 1) I did not know why Andrew Kyong was at Columbia and 2) I had just woken up from a nap. I quickly came to my senses and realized that he was probably touring schools with the Penn cohort! On my way out of class, I saw the whole group! It was awesome seeing some familiar faces.

Even though it was unbearably hot today, it still rained! Just trying to get to my dorm I got completely soaked. The thunder and lightning here is really something that I cannot get used to. The thunder especially scares me; sometimes, its so loud I can feel the ground shake. I really hope that the skies at least clear up in the evening, because I really want to watch some festive Fourth of July fireworks!

No comments:

Post a Comment